This website is built and managed by KEI advance Inc. Authorized by Hitotsubashi University Business School, School of International Corporate Strategy (Hitotsubashi ICS). Personal data will be used and stored only for the purposes of application. All reasonable measures will be taken to protect data from disclosure and unauthorized use.
EMBA Program Admissions
This guidance explains the online application process.
1.Preparing your application
Applications to Hitotsubashi ICS must be made via the Hitotsubashi ICS Online Application System. Prior to applying, applicants should read the Guidelines for the Hitotsubashi ICS Online Application system and review the Application Package.
Application documentation should be submitted online via the Hitotsubashi ICS Online Application System . To ensure receipt of application confirmation, applicants should add firstname.lastname@example.org to their computer’s ‘safe’ list. The online application form is only the first step in the application process; following its submission, applicants should upload the other documents on section 3. "Application Documents Checklist for 2020 entry" to complete their application.
1.3 Download our Application Forms
There are two rounds of applications for the Entering Class of 2020.
|Round||Application period||Second screening |
|Round 1||Application period November 25, 2019 - January 9, 2020||Second screening (interview) February 14, 2020||Final decision February 27, 2020|
|Round 2||Application period February 28, 2020 - April 2, 2020||Second screening (interview) May 8, 2020||Final decision May 15, 2020|
3.Application Documents Checklist for 2020 entry
- Applicant details (Form A)
- Degree certificate(s)
- Official transcript(s)
- Responses to essay questions (Form B)
- Proof of application fee payment
- A sponsoring letter (Form C1) / a reference letter (Form C2)
- A photocopy of the relevant page(s) of your passport including your name, photo, passport number, date of birth, etc.
※International applicants only
- Official TOEIC, TOEFL or IELTS score report
- GMAT score report
Please review the Essential Guide（ Essential Guide) for more details about how to pay the application fee.
The program welcomes currently a middle manager or higher with the following experience and competencies:
- Managing on an on-going basis at least 5 direct reports.
- Expected to rise to a director- or executive-level position (“senior management”) within 10 years.
- Formulating and executing business plans at the departmental or sub-departmental level in conformance with the company's strategies and policies.
- Involved in goal setting and departmental or sub-departmental level decision-making.
- Can understand and critically analyze various types of financial and business reports with a high level of financial fluency.
- All applicants must meet one of the following qualifications:
- Note: Applicants who are eligible under items (i), (j), or (k) below must write beforehand to the Hitotsubashi ICS Admissions Office explaining their academic qualifications by December 18, 2019.
- (a) The applicant has graduated from a university or colleges that are stipulated in Article 83 of the School Education Law of Japan.
- (b) The applicant has received a Bachelor’s degree under Article 104 of the School Education Law of Japan.
- (c) The applicant has completed at least 16 years of education with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from accredited universities or colleges in countries other than Japan.
- (d) The applicant resides in Japan and has completed at least 16 years of education by taking courses offered by accredited universities or colleges outside of Japan through correspondence.
- (e) The applicant has completed at least 16 years of education at accredited foreign universities or colleges in Japan and been recognized by the Japanese Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT).
- (f) The applicant has received a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent by completing a program of three years or more (*1) at a foreign university, college or other school (*2).
- (g) The applicant has completed specialized courses after the date specified by MEXT at vocational colleges offering programs of four years or more and has been recognized by MEXT.
- (h) The applicant has been specially designated by MEXT.
- (i) The applicant has enrolled in a graduate school through an early admission system under the second paragraph of Article 102 of the School Education Law of Japan, and the Admissions Committee of the Hitotsubashi University Business School, School of International Strategy (Hitotsubashi ICS) judges the applicant to possess the academic competence to undertake graduate studies.
- (j) The applicant has been judged by the Admissions Committee of the Hitotsubashi ICS to have the academic competence equivalent to those who meet the above qualifications (a) through (d) by individual admissions screening, and the applicant’s age is over 22 years old or the applicant will become 22 years old before October 1, 2020.
- (k) The applicant has been judged by the Admissions Committee of the Hitotsubashi ICS, pursuant to its rules and regulations, to have the academic competence equivalent to or above qualifications (a) through (d).
- (*1) This includes programs that have been completed “by taking in Japan courses offered by a foreign school through correspondence” and “at schools which are accredited and designated in the preceding item”.
- (*2) This is limited to schools which are evaluated on the entirety of their education, research and other programs by a foreign government or accredited organizations or equivalent recognized by MEXT.
May 16, 2019
Hitotsubashi ICS’s online admission application system (the “System”) is operated by Hitotsubashi University Business School, School of International Corporate Strategy.
1.Provision of personal information
- When a user of the System makes an application or inquiry by accessing the System, Hitotsubashi ICS might collect that user’s name, address, telephone number, email address and other personal information that can identify that user.
- When collecting personal information, Hitotsubashi ICS will clearly show the purpose of the collection and will only collect personal information to the extent necessary.
2. Management and protection of personal information
- Hitotsubashi ICS will assign a protection manager at the relevant department in which personal information is handled to ensure the appropriate management of personal information. In addition to preventing information leaks, Hitotsubashi ICS will implement safety measures at an appropriate and reasonable level against and protect users’ personal information from loss, destruction and falsification of information and unauthorized external access to information.
- Hitotsubashi ICS might outsource operations related to some functions and services of the System to an external contractor, but in that case, it will contractually obligate that external contractor to appropriately manage users’ personal information.
3. Use of personal information
- Hitotsubashi ICS may use any statistical information that cannot identify an individual as materials to be used to examine the provision of better services or within the scope of other justifiable purposes.
4. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
- Hitotsubashi ICS will not provide any personal information provided by users to a third party except where it discloses personal information to service contractors or partners to achieve the purpose of the collection of personal information.
- Hitotsubashi ICS will not disclose personal information to a third party without obtaining the prior consent of the subject person except where that disclosure is required by law.
- If Hitotsubashi ICS provides personal information to a third party or outsources any service related to the handling of personal information to a third party under laws and regulations, it will ensure that appropriate measures are taken with respect to that third party to ensure the safety and management of the personal information.
5. Requests for disclosure, corrections or deletion of personal information
- If a user who has provided personal information to Hitotsubashi ICS requests the disclosure of his or her personal information, Hitotsubashi ICS will disclose that information without delay to a reasonable extent under laws and regulations.
- If a user who has provided personal information to Hitotsubashi ICS requests that his or her personal information be corrected or deleted, Hitotsubashi ICS will correct or delete that information without delay to a reasonable extent under laws and regulations.
- However, this does not apply if Hitotsubashi ICS judges that doing so would prejudice a third party’s right or hinder the operation of the business of Hitotsubashi ICS.
6. Compliance with laws and regulations and continuous review
Inquiries to: Hitotsubashi University Business School, School of International Corporate Strategy
Public Relations e-mail: email@example.com
Start an Application