This website is built and managed by KEI advance Inc. Authorized by Hitotsubashi University Business School, School of International Corporate Strategy (Hitotsubashi ICS). Personal data will be used and stored only for the purposes of application. All reasonable measures will be taken to protect data from disclosure and unauthorized use.
MBA Program Admissions
This guidance explains the online application process.
1. Application preparation
Applications to Hitotsubashi ICS must be made via the Hitotsubashi ICS Online Application System. Prior to applying, applicants should read the Guidelines for Online Application and review the Application Package (links below).
Application documentation should be submitted online via this Hiotsubashi ICS Online Application System link. To ensure receipt of application confirmation communication, applicants should add firstname.lastname@example.org to their mail accounts 'safe' list. Be aware that submission of the online application form is only the first step in the application process; applicants must subsequently upload other documents, listed below, to complete their application.
Download Application Forms
2. Admissions schedule
There are two application rounds for the entering Class of 2021.
|Round||Application period||Second screening |
of final result
|Round 1||August 3, 2020 - October 14, 2020||Second screening (interview) November 19, 2020
||Decemebr 3, 2020
|Round 2||Application period December 4, 2020 - February 17, 2021
||Second screening (interview) March 25, 2021
||April 8, 2021
3. Application documentation checklist for 2021 entry
- Applicant details (Form A)
- Degree certificate(s)
- Official transcript(s)
- Responses to essay questions (Form B)
- Official GMAT or GRE score report
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score report
- Proof of application fee payment
- Two letters of reference (Form C)
- Photocopy of relevant passport page(s) that display applicant's name, photo, passport number, date of birth, etc.
※International applicants only
- Haken Shodakusho
※Company-sponsored applicants only
4. Application fee
Please review the Essential Guide（ Essential Guide ) for more details about how to pay the application fee.
To apply to the MBA program, a minimun of three year's post-university graduation full-time work experience as of September 1, 2021 is mandatory for all applicants.
- All applicants must meet one of the following qualifications:
- Note: Applicants eligible under items (i), (j), or (k) below must write beforehand to the Hitotsubashi ICS Admissions Office (email@example.com) explaining their academic qualifications (Deadline: September 23, 2020.)
- (a) The applicant has graduated from a university or college stipulated in Article 83 of the School Education Law of Japan.
- (b) The applicant has received a bachelor’s degree under Article 104 of the School Education Law of Japan.
- (c) The applicant has completed at least 16 years of education with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited university or college in a country other than Japan.
- (d) The applicant resides in Japan and has completed at least 16 years of education by taking courses offered by an accredited university or college outside of Japan through correspondence.
- (e) The applicant has completed at least 16 years of education at an accredited foreign university or college in Japan recognized by the Japanese Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT).
- (f) The applicant has received a bachelor’s degree or equivalent by completing a program of three years or more (*1) at a foreign university, college, or other school. (*2)
- (g) The applicant has completed specialized courses after the date specified by MEXT at a vocational college offering programs of four years or more and recognized by MEXT.
- (h) The applicant has been specially designated by MEXT.
- (i) The applicant has enrolled in a graduate school through an early admission system under paragraph 2 of Article 102 of the School Education Law of Japan, and the Admissions Committee of the Hitotsubashi University Business School, School of International Corporate Strategy (Hitotsubashi ICS) judges the applicant to possess the academic competence to undertake graduate studies.
- (j) The applicant has been judged by the Admissions Committee of Hitotsubashi ICS to have the academic competence equivalent to the above qualifications (a) through (d) by individual admissions screening, and the applicant is over 22 years old or will be 22 years old before October 1, 2021.
- (k) The applicant has been judged by the Admissions Committee of Hitotsubashi ICS, pursuant to its rules and regulations, to have the academic competence equivalent to or higher than qualifications (a) through (d).
- (*1) This includes programs completed by “taking courses in Japan offered by a foreign school through correspondence” and “at schools which are accredited and designated in the preceding item.”
- (*2) This is limited to schools evaluated on the entirety of their education, research and other programs by a foreign government or accredited organizations or equivalent recognized by MEXT.
May 16, 2019
Hitotsubashi ICS’s online admission application system (the “System”) is operated by Hitotsubashi University Business School, School of International Corporate Strategy.
1.Provision of personal information
- When a user of the System makes an application or inquiry by accessing the System, Hitotsubashi ICS might collect that user’s name, address, telephone number, email address and other personal information that can identify that user.
- When collecting personal information, Hitotsubashi ICS will clearly show the purpose of the collection and will only collect personal information to the extent necessary.
2. Management and protection of personal information
- Hitotsubashi ICS will assign a protection manager at the relevant department in which personal information is handled to ensure the appropriate management of personal information. In addition to preventing information leaks, Hitotsubashi ICS will implement safety measures at an appropriate and reasonable level against and protect users’ personal information from loss, destruction and falsification of information and unauthorized external access to information.
- Hitotsubashi ICS might outsource operations related to some functions and services of the System to an external contractor, but in that case, it will contractually obligate that external contractor to appropriately manage users’ personal information.
3. Use of personal information
- Hitotsubashi ICS may use any statistical information that cannot identify an individual as materials to be used to examine the provision of better services or within the scope of other justifiable purposes.
4. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
- Hitotsubashi ICS will not provide any personal information provided by users to a third party except where it discloses personal information to service contractors or partners to achieve the purpose of the collection of personal information.
- Hitotsubashi ICS will not disclose personal information to a third party without obtaining the prior consent of the subject person except where that disclosure is required by law.
- If Hitotsubashi ICS provides personal information to a third party or outsources any service related to the handling of personal information to a third party under laws and regulations, it will ensure that appropriate measures are taken with respect to that third party to ensure the safety and management of the personal information.
5. Requests for disclosure, corrections or deletion of personal information
- If a user who has provided personal information to Hitotsubashi ICS requests the disclosure of his or her personal information, Hitotsubashi ICS will disclose that information without delay to a reasonable extent under laws and regulations.
- If a user who has provided personal information to Hitotsubashi ICS requests that his or her personal information be corrected or deleted, Hitotsubashi ICS will correct or delete that information without delay to a reasonable extent under laws and regulations.
- However, this does not apply if Hitotsubashi ICS judges that doing so would prejudice a third party’s right or hinder the operation of the business of Hitotsubashi ICS.
6. Compliance with laws and regulations and continuous review
Inquiries to: Hitotsubashi University Business School, School of International Corporate Strategy
Public Relations e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Start an Application